Monday, September 28, 2009

More Mario

I know, I know. MORE MARIO. At least I made it educational, right? You told me that you and your friend L read the words at lunch today; which was exactly what I had hoped for. I wish I had better penmanship, but at least the words are legible.

This week marks my very first parent/teacher conference. I have no idea how these things really go, but I suspect I will hear all about what a great example you are for the other students and about how sad your teachers are that you will be leaving the school soon. Man, I never thought moving five miles could have such an impact, but your sudden attachment to your stuffed monkey is very telling. You see, you've never had a binky, bankie, or any other security item. You don't attach yourself to material possessions like a lot of kids do; and right now, that monkey is your best friend, imaginary friend and security blanket all rolled into one. It is sweet, but a little sad at the same time. Every time you ask if "monkey" can go somewhere with us, I think about all the changes I am putting you through. I know they are all for the best, so I try not to dwell, and I hope you understand that I have your best interests at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment