Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Scooby Dooby Doooooo





So, I went to my very first parent/teacher conference today and I wasn't sure if you were supposed to go or not, but I ultimately decided that I wanted to let the teachers gush on and on about you without you there, because that might embarrass you.


And yes, I knew they would gush.


Your teachers absolutely adore you, that much is clear. They didn't have even one *issue* to discuss with me; unless you count the Great Rectangle Dilemma of '09. Apparently, none of the boys in your class are grasping the concept of a rectangle, but all anyone is doing about it is laughing it off as "it must be a boy thing". You won't go to college not knowing what a rectangle is, so it's all good.


In other news, you are excelling at everything else, you are well-behaved and very attentive. You are great at sounding out letters, can write the name of the letter by sound and can do things that they only expect you to be able to do at the end of this year. You are also doing extremely well in math concepts, so hopefully your experiences will be better than mine. Mrs. S and Mrs. H told me I should be extremely proud of you and I told them I am, but it's nice to hear it from them too.


Then they brought up our impending move with long faces and I confirmed, that yes, you will be leaving. They understand, but they will miss you, and Mrs. S even told me that she's known the librarian at your new school for a very long time.


All in all, it was a very impressive meeting. I do like your teachers very much, and not just because they like you so much. There is a difference between teachers who teach because they love kids and teachers who just do it as a job, and with those two, I'm pretty certain they love kids. Especially you.

No comments:

Post a Comment