Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dragons



On Easter we saw "How to Train Your Dragon" and it was the first movie in a long time that you absolutely fell in love with. I thought it was a super cute DVD purchase worthy movie and it gave me an excuse to draw you whimsical creatures.

We went to a local farm on Saturday for their annual Easter Egg hunt (cost: $25) and I was absolutely appalled at the manners the majority of parents and children had. You are not an aggressive little boy, if you see someone picking something up, you aren't going to swoop in and steal it from them; but unfortunately, 90% of the participants at the hunt were that type of person. The parents were even worse. You walked away with five empty plastic eggs while the greedy children and their parents had baskets filled to the brim with loot. Ever the optimist, you looked up at me and said "well, at least we have some plastic eggs to put things in now!". THAT is what made it all worthwhile. I may have paid $25 for a hot dog and some empty plastic eggs, but I also got to see my baby show off what a wonderful person he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment