Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Goop XLR8 III


When we gave up your tortoise (to a better home), I promised you a hamster; because they are much more manageable pets and I had a few growing up (Fluffy, Buffy, Muffy and Duffy - yes, your old mom was soooo creative). I know how to take care of hamsters and I felt confident promising you one of your own, but wasn't prepared to immediately buy you one so I waited a few months for you to call my bluff.

You've been doing that a lot these last few weeks (calling my bluff), so Saturday night I took you to the pet store to "look" and we were enamored with a super cute Robo Dwarf. I looked at the price and balked, "pfft! $15 for a hamster, where are the run of the mill breeds?" Nowhere to be found, that's where. And then I saw the price of habitats and balked even more knowing full-well that it was just a ruse; you were getting a hamster within 24 hours, but not that night. No, I had to cash in my super cool mom points, you see.

You went to your dad's Saturday night and Sunday I went back to that pet store and bought that very hamster as a surprise for when you got home (see reference to Super Cool Mom points).

You were and still are, tickled pink with your new pet. You just enjoy watching him and are terrified of losing him. He's like the Energizer Hamster, quick as lightning; this guy and his little legs move so fast that you can't even see them: like a ceiling fan set on high speed.

Goop is your favorite Ben 10 character, but you thought XLR8 fit his speediness better, so Goop XLR8 it is, with the "III" added on to make it sound official.

No comments:

Post a Comment