Monday, August 3, 2009

Wow!

It's the first day of a new week of school and for some reason, I decided to go retro on you. Or, as retro as it gets for your fickle tastes. Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! was sooo six months ago! You told me you still liked it at bedtime last night, so I HAD to run with it. We had an eventful weekend and Wubbzy! was just the simplicity I was looking for last night. Boxes and yellow and easily drawn squiggly hands and feet, YAY!!!


Tonight, you read a book before bed. You read a book before bed. Did you catch that? Because I sure did. I think my heart swelled ten sizes when you finished your "In Kindergarten" book.

Then, you told me that you could only read it because you had read it twice at school today. You made excuses for your success, just like I do.

You need to stop that and be proud of yourself, young man.

Also, I suppose I should take my own advice.

Thank you for that lesson.

1 comment: