Monday, October 26, 2009

Eight Little Ghouls





Eight Little Ghouls
Who love Halloween
Threw the best party
That you've ever seen

The first little ghoul

brought apples to try

the second little ghoul

brought peanut butter pie

You were indifferent toward Friday's picture, even though it was totally (accidentally) perfect for that day, because you came home from your field trip (where you learned that you love big yellow vehicles with no seat belts - oh, I already said that?) with a small pumpkin. I admit, I was a little hurt by your ambivalence toward my boring picture and didn't even attempt to hide it; to which you sighed and said, "Mommy, do I have to like them all?". Umm, yes; because I PUT MY HEART AND SOUL INTO THEM. Oh, I'm supposed to act like an adult? Then no, no you do not have to like them all.


*sniff*


When you got a sneak peak of today's picture and told me as much, I said that I was going to draw you something else because you don't like the from-mom's-imagination pictures (Yes, I was pouting. Mom's sometimes pout); you got upset and said you really like the monster. So, it's onward with this weeks plan...to create a Halloween story for you. Of course, I had pictured something much better than this in my head, but at least I tried and I copied absolutely NOTHING from somewhere else.


But I'm running out of ghoul ideas already, so forgive me if I use the witch and vampire more than once, k?


In other news: Your dad ate a barbecued scorpion this weekend. I said that I was glad I don't kiss him any more and you made me promise I would never follow his lead. No worries there, kiddo; I won't even try escargot.

1 comment:

  1. I love the vampire and the ghoul. I hope this one received better reviews.

    p.s. I won't even try escargot either!

    ReplyDelete