Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Turtwig

Yesterday was a sick day

You brought home a field trip permission slip today for the zoo and since I promised you I would chaperon a field trip this school year, I'm going to make good on that promise by volunteering. It's not set in stone yet, but I'm making the effort. I haven't been involved in much this school year, I admit; and I'm still working on getting my gold star in parental involvement.

That tooth of yours - the one that was pretty loose on February 2nd - is still holding on by a few threads. You were such a brave kid tonight; you took an apple and bit into it about fifty times trying to get that stubborn thing out of your mouth. I am particularly impressed because you won't even let me put peroxide on a tiny scrape. You bled, you winced, and you kept on going, but eventually the tooth won and you fell asleep on your bed with the apple in your hand. Really, after all this effort, I think an extra Tooth Fairy reward is in order, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment