Thursday, May 6, 2010

Butterfly


When you were in my tummy, I worked at a mall customer service counter. It was a temporary job I took to get by between jobs and when I found out I was going to have you, I decided to wait it out until I was ready to go back to work full-time again.

It was the most boring job I've ever had and there were days I did not get to go to the bathroom for hours on end (which, to a pregnant lady, is no small feat). I stood (yes, STOOD, no sitting allowed) there for hours doodling and perfecting butterflies. I can't quite remember how to draw them in the detail I did back then, but just drawing this one reminded me of the anticipation, the excitement, the utter joy I felt at the prospect of meeting you.

Coconut Lime Verbena lotion from Bath & Body Works has the same effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment