Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween


The conclusion of Eight/six Little Ghouls doesn't really have a conclusion like I had intended, but at least I got them all (plus one!) in one room, right?

What a week. I'm not going to beat it into the ground, but I think I mentioned previously that I'm a little dazed and confused right now. You love your school, I (surprisingly) love your school. We are moving. Only five miles. Do I keep you at your current school for the rest of the year? I would consider it, if it weren't for the fact that they get out so early and that is cost prohibitive. Grandma has a job now and can't pick you up, so in the interim, I am coming in an hour early to work so I can leave early and pick you up from school, but that can't be a long-term solution. Thankfully, I have a job that allows me to work very early and leave very early, but these hours are a little too early and if you were to stay at this school, I would have to put you in after school care. I would rather save the money for Christmas, wouldn't you? Your new school gets out almost an entire hour later than your current one and melds with my working hours better. Plus, it's closer and it is part of the community we are moving into. I know in the long run, moving you now is the better decision, it's just hard to see the long run when you're in the short-run.

I know you'll adapt, but I want you to know I understand that you will miss your current school and the friends you have made. I know what it's like to be the new kid, because I did it no less than ten times during my childhood, so I truly do get your apprehension. I also want to say that I'm incredibly proud of you, because you are starting to "psyche" yourself up for it. You know it's coming, you aren't fighting it, just accepting it. Maybe you truly understand that I have your best interests at heart, or maybe it's just that you are getting really excited about having stairs in our house.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment