Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lopsided Apples up on Top


Your two and a half week break encompassed a lot of things, including a trip to your dad's for more days than you've ever been away from me before. You gave your dad a lot of flak about his sleeping habits, but you enjoyed yourself nonetheless; so I tried to hide my hurt feelings when you said you wish you could visit him for five days, EVERY week. Was I successful? I know I wear my heart on my sleeve most of the time.

Speaking of sleeping, I want to tell you how proud I am of you for choosing to sleep with the covers off the last two nights. That's a major stand you're taking against things that go bump in the night. I KNOW how hard it is. I'm 34 years old and I still turn off the lights and jump into bed just as fast as I can so I can cover my head with blankets.

I know, most of the time I pull off the adult thing pretty well, huh? You would have never guessed that I do that? Right?

RIGHT?

You have created three countdown calendars: One for the video game you want to buy with your allowance, one for our move, and one for the day we give our tiny pet tortoise away to a home that will allow him to finally grow big. This is how you are handling things now. You are planning. I've got to remember to tell your Nana that, she will love it. She's a planner, too. It's because of this planning that you've emotionally accepted a lot of the changes I'm throwing your way right now.

I got to take you to school this morning AND pick you up. What a rare treat that was! Of course, the reasoning was because I am sick; but I still got a lot of enjoyment out of seeing you off and welcoming you back, regardless of the physical blah's that have taken over my body. I like that my job and our move will allow me the opportunity to pick you up every day. I think you'll like it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment